Individuals visit the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters’ (NAPPS) site daily – whether it be looking for a member in his/her area, or they are interested in the membership benefits, certification, or just simply curious as they never knew such a profession existed!
If in fact, the individual is interested in a level of membership and/or certification – his/her contact information is captured, even if that potential member is not quite ready to commit.
So, we have the contact information - now what? How do we engage this prospect into becoming a potential member?
- Offer incentive programs (Everybody likes a special deal!)
- Give a 10-Day sneak peek which provides a glimpse into membership
- Offer a 15 month membership for the price of 12
- Make one time only membership benefits for viewing available (i.e. webinars)
- Personalization (Individualize your correspondence)
- Provide member testimonials
- Communicate/Update about new programs and benefits using drip marketing
- Send a survey: Why have they not made the commitment? What will help them take the leap?
- Track your success
If you don’t have an engagement plan as part of your membership growth strategy, start with some of these tips!